Filipina Women’s Network
The Filipina Women’s Network is a private, non-profit organization founded and operated to raise funding and awareness of the activities, careers and status of women of Philippine ancestry who are residents of the United States. FWN is committed to fostering the socioeconomic, political and educational advancement of Filipina women through publications, lectures, cultural heritage events, career initiatives and professional development programs. FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers and leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings. Reposition Filipina women as economic and social contributors to the building of America.
OUR MISSION: We achieve our mission through public education forums and career development programs that:
• Influence popular culture.
• Raise awareness of the activities, careers and status of Filipina women in the United States.
• Enhance public perceptions of Filipina women’s capacity to lead.
• Change biases against Filipina women’s leadership abilities.
• Build the Filipina community’s pipeline of qualified leaders to increase the odds that some will rise to the “president” position in all sectors.
Join us on January 23, 2014 at Credo for the REBUILD Tacloban Fundraiser: the work begins after typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda from 5:30pm-7:30pm