Credo Community Partners is excited to partner with the International Museum of Women (IMOW) this February, an institution dedicated to inspiring creativity, awareness and action on vital global issues for women.
IMOW is a global online community of 600,000 annual exhibition visitors, as well as, 40,000 e-news subscribers, 11,000 Facebook fans and 7,000 Twitter followers from more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. IMOW is governed by a Board of Directors of business and community leaders and receives strategic guidance from a Global Council of international leaders.
IMOW is a museum without walls that curates multimedia online exhibitions and temporary physical installations around the world, develops toolkits for educators, and hosts public programs featuring world-class authors, artists, and political leaders.
UPCOMING & RECENT EXHIBITIONS
Muslima: Muslim Women’s Art & Voices - Launching March 2013
MAMA: Motherhood Around the Globe - Launched January 2012
Curating Change – Launched 2011
Economica: Women and the Global Economy - Launched 2009
Young Women Speaking the Economy - Featured Spring 2011
Focusing on Latin America - Featured Winter 2011
Picturing Power & Potential - Featured Summer 2010
Women, Power & Politics - Launched 2008
WHERE: IMOW is online, always open and admission is free! IMOW’s online content is complemented by events and installations across the globe.
WHY: IMOW gives voice to women who too often go unheard. IMOW provides tools for expression and sparks engagement with global women’s issues.
- Up to 70% of survey participants report personal changes in attitudes, opinions or aspirations intensified attention to global women’s issues;
- Up to 60% take action towards gender equity as a result of their visit.
HISTORY & ACCOLADES
IMOW was founded in 1997. Since then, IMOW has reached over 2,000,000 visitors and produced thirteen major exhibitions.
Muse Award, 2009 (American Association of Museums)
WebAward, 2008 (Web Marketing Association)
Anita Borg Social Impact Award, 2007
BE INSPIRED, CREATE, & TAKE ACTION at www.imow.org.
There are several ways to support the International Museum of Women while dining at Credo during the month of February:
- Order the signature IMWOW cocktail, "The (WO)MANHATTAN" (bourbon, sweet vermouth, orange bitters, cherry), proceeds of which benefit IMWOW.
- Dine at Credo on Tuesday, February xx, IMWOW's takeover day, when a major percentage of Credo's profits will be donated to the organization.
- Mention IMWOW when you order in-office catering; 10% will go to IMWOW.
- Check in at Credo via FourSquare or Facebook and Credo will donate $2 toward a Credo gift card for IMWOW.
- Donate any amount to IMWOW directly on your Credo bill.